St. Bernadine Mission Communication Inc.

August 8, 2011 | 8 Comments

Designed by St. Bernadine Mission Communication Inc. | Country: Canada

“Saint Bernadine is the Patron Saint of advertising, graphic design, compulsive gambling and lung disease, as well as the name of a leading branding, advertising and design firm based in Vancouver, Canada.

This redesign of our stationery incorporates a system of patterns, inspired by endpaper designs, confessional booth screens and that quintessential advertising icon, the starburst.

Paper is Neenah’s Eames Weave Natural White, printed offset in three spot colours.”

8 Responses to “St. Bernadine Mission Communication Inc.”

1. EC
    August 8th, 2011 @ 10:51 am

Sooo tired of the Saint Whatever concept. Frankly, this idea saw it’s best day way back in 2003(!) when Lynn Garrett did her own version (see it here:

Stationery is beautiful. I just wish the concept wasn’t so tired.

2. Cubworth
    August 9th, 2011 @ 12:52 am

Wow the example of this concept in it’s ‘best day’ is grotesque.

3. Fanny Nordmark
    August 9th, 2011 @ 2:32 am

Nice patterns and colors.

4. Derrik
    August 11th, 2011 @ 7:31 am

Uh yeah…. “best day” is definitely pushing it. This company did it better. But I think EC’s point is still valid. The basic idea is old news and kinda lame for a design company.

5. Aldea
    August 11th, 2011 @ 10:35 am

Love the new stationery. The patterns are beautiful and I really like how the banner/hanging scroll shape works across the different pieces.

I agree with Cubworth, the lynnster “Saint” example is not very attractive.

6. Saint Bernadine
    August 16th, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments!

As far as originality, I think the Vatican wins on this one – Bernadino of Sienna was canonized in 1450… He’s real. And he invented the starburst…

Check out

7. Andrew McKinley
    August 18th, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

Come on, EVERYTHING has been done before. To quote a real, bona fide, canonized design saint, “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good”. This stationery is a gorgeous example of a well thought out design, meticulously produced. Putting forward lynnster’s just makes the SB piece look better.

8. Rachel Stone
    February 11th, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

I like this design and love the patterned, shaped cards. Reminds me of that childhood game ‘Memory’. I have to agree that fashion/trends alone, whether current or past, is a silly thing to judge the merits of a design on. The design is lovely and in my opinion, works.

There is so little original under the sun. To pretend that anything one does is completely innovative is a bit of a delusion, since we’re all connected.

Your Comment

Lovely Stationery

Curating the very best stationery design.

Web Hosting